This panini is easy to make and it can be made with a panini press or with just a frying pan. Enjoy!
- 2 large ripe beefsteak tomatoes
- 1 (16-ounce) ball fresh mozzarella
- 12 slices bakery white bread, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- about 1 cup prepared pesto
- kosher salt
- unsalted butter, at room temperature
- Preheat a panini grill machine.
- Core the tomatoes and slice the tomatoes and mozzarella 1/4-inch thick.
- Place the bread slices on a work surface. Spread each slice evenly with pesto.
- Place a layer of mozzarella (about 2 slices) on half of the bread and cover with a layer of tomato. (If the tomatoes are large, it will only be one slice.)
- Sprinkle the tomato with salt. Place the remaining slices of bread, pesto side down, on top.
- Spread the top and bottom of each sandwich with softened butter.
- Grill the sandwiches in batches on the panini grill for 2 to 3 minutes, until the mozzarella starts to ooze.
- Cut each sandwich in half, and serve warm.