This recipe is like monkey bread, but I think that balls of filled dough make everything so much better!
- 6 Rhodes� Dinner Rolls, thawed
- 2 medium size Granny Smith apples, peeled and chopped
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3-4 teaspoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond flavoring
- Cut rolls in half.
- Combine apples, sugar, nuts and cinnamon.
- Flatten each roll half into a 2-3-inch circle.
- Place 1 teaspoon apple mixture in center of each dough circle.
- Pinch edges together to seal, forming a ball.
- Place filled balls in a sprayed 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Spoon remaining apple mixture evenly over the top.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise until double.
- Remove wrap and bake at 350�F 45-50 minutes.
- Cover with foil last 10 minutes of baking to prevent over browning.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and place on wire rack to cool.
- Combine icing ingredients and drizzle over loaf.