Juicy ripe strawberries and luscious creamy filling are layered between airy angel food cake :)
Strawberry & Cream Angel Cake
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, divided
- 4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Neufchatel Cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp. zest and 1 Tbsp. juice from 1 orange
- 2 cups thawed COOL WHIP LITE Whipped Topping
- 1 prepared angel food cake (10 inch), cut horizontally in half
CHOP enough strawberries to measure 2 cups. Refrigerate remaining whole berries for later use.
BEAT Neufchatel, sugar, zest and juice in large bowl with mixer until blended. Add COOL WHIP; beat on low speed just until blended. Gently stir in chopped berries. Spread about 2/3 of the COOL WHIP mixture onto bottom half of cake. Cover with top of cake and remaining COOL WHIP mixture.
REFRIGERATE 1 hour. Arrange remaining berries on top of cake before serving.
How to Cut
Use a serrated knife and gentle sawing motion to easily cut the cake.
You should get about 3 cups strawberries from a 1-lb. package.
You may use either a homemade or store-bought angel food cake to prepare this luscious dessert. And even though the cakes can vary in size and shape, they all will work equally well when used to prepare this recipe.