The surprise ingredient tarragon puts the 'wow' in this cake. Both kids and adults love it - people are always asking me for this unique, irresistible recipe!
Lemon Wow Cake
makes 1 - 10 inch Bundt pan
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (3.5 ounce) package instant coconut cream pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 cup lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together cake mix and pudding mix. Crumble the dried tarragon into a fine powder and mix with the cake and pudding mixture. Make a well in the center and pour in lemon-lime soda, lemon juice, eggs and oil. Beat on low speed until blended. Scrape bowl, and beat 4 minutes on medium speed. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.