A variation of this recipe was in the Woman's World Magazine. Since my wife is trying to monitor carbs and yet still enjoy dessert, this really fills the bill. This is a gift for those of us who watch our carbs, Made exactly like the recipe, The texture was perfect; it is very light and creamy.
Low Carb Lemon "cheesecake" Bars
- 1 (3 ounce) package sugar-free lemon gelatin
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 (8 ounce) packages low-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup boiling water
- Stir the boiling water into the box of jello, mixing for about 2 minute.
- Add the cream cheese and lemon juice.
- Mix until all lumps have disappeared.
- Pour into an 8" square pan and chill until set.
- Cut into 8 squares.