These were just perfect, not too tart and not too sweet, just PERFECT! Don't blame me if you get addicted to these bars! :D
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 4 large beaten eggs
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon rind (optional)
For the base:
- mix the butter into the flour and sugar.
- Mix with hands until it clings together.
- Press into a 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan.
- Bake at 350�F for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
For the filling:
- beat together eggs, sugar and lemon juice.
- Sift together flour and baking powder.
- Stir into egg mixture.
- Pour over baked, cooled crust.
- Bake at 350�F for 25 minutes.
- Cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Cut into bars.