Won my work's pumkin pie contest with this one! The Orange Zest is definitley something that sets this one apart!
Pecan Pumpkin Pie
makes 1 - 9 inch pie
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups solid pack pumpkin puree
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup pecan halves
- Combine eggs, sugars, flour, spices and salt. Blend in pumpkin. Gradually add milk; mix well.
- Pour into 9-inch pie shell. Bake in 450 degree F (230 degrees C) oven 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and bake 40 to 50 minutes longer.
- Sprinkle pecan mixture over pie the last 10 minutes before removing from the oven.
- To Make Topping: Combine 2 tablespoons butter, 1 tablespoon grated orange rind, 1/4 cup brown sugar and 3/4 cup whole pecans.