I first saw this pie on Pinterest and was encouraged by a reader on facebook to hunt down the recipe. I think, in a move of sheer self preservation, I�d left the post at just sharing the photo and hoping that would be enough to quench my craving for a gooey, sweet, peanut buttery, hot fudgy, crispy cookie crusty bite of this delight.
But, as a I can�t very well leave a sincere request hanging, I am compelled to post the recipe. Let us all be blessed with at least some willpower around this thing.
Hot Fudge Peanut Butter Pie
- 1 chocolate graham cracker crust
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tub (12 ounces) Cool Whip, divided
- 1 jar (11.75 ounces) hot fudge topping, divided
- � cup sugar
For the topping:
- 2 tablespoons hot fudge
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- In large bowl, beat peanut butter, cream cheese, and sugar until creamy. Fold in 3 cups Cool Whip. Spoon mixture into crust and smooth to edge.
- Remove 2 tablespoons hot fudge from jar and reserve in zip-loc plastic baggie for later. Heat remaining hot fudge according to package directions. Spread on top of peanut butter layer. Refrigerate pie until serving time.
- At serving time, carefully spread remaining Cool Whip on top of pie.
- Knead hot fudge in baggie with hands; cut tiny hole in corner of baggie and pipe over pie. Repeat with 2 tablespoons peanut butter and pipe on pie in opposite direction.