Chicken wings are always a popular pick when it comes to football-watching munchies. And people go wild for all sorts of chicken wing flavored goodies..
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- 1 pound lean ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 carrot
- 1 stalk celery
- 2 green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 ounce crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup Frank's Hot Sauce (or your favorite), divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil and coat with nonstick spray.
- Cut the celery, carrot and green onion into large chunks and throw into a food processor.
- Pulse to chop into small bits.
- In a large bowl, combine the vegetable mixture, chicken, egg, breadcrumbs, garlic powder, salt, 1/2 the hot sauce and the blue cheese.
- Gently fold together to combine, but don't overmix.
- Form the mixture into small meatballs - you should get about 28 small meatballs.
- Place the meatballs on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- While the meatballs are baking, put the rest of the hot sauce and the butter into a microwave safe dish.
- Microwave about 30 seconds, until butter melts.
- Stir well to combine.
- Remove the meatballs from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Place the meatballs onto a serving dish and drizzle with butter/hot sauce mixture.