This is yummy. Sort of a pie, sort of like a pudding. It reminds me of a dessert called chocolate lush,, This is NOT your ordinary pudding dessert! It is well worth your efforts :)
Mom's Texas Delight
makes 12 servings
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 (3.5 ounce) packages instant coconut cream pudding mix
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees F). In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, 1/2 cup pecans and melted butter or margarine. Press into the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven, then chill until cold.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Stir in the whipped topping. Drop spoonfuls onto the chilled crust, and spread evenly. Return to the refrigerator while you prepare the next layer.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the pudding mixes and milk. Yes this is half as much milk as the package states. Spread over the cream cheese layer. Chill until set.
- Spread remaining whipped topping over the top, and garnish with chopped pecans.