Enjoy these beautiful chocolate cupcakes made using Betty Crocker� SuperMoist� white cake mix and frosted in layers with Betty Crocker� Whipped frosting � a delicious dessert.
- 1 box Betty Crocker� SuperMoist� white cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and egg whites called for on cake mix box
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 container (12 oz) Betty Crocker� Whipped chocolate frosting
- 1 container (12 oz) Betty Crocker� Whipped fluffy white frosting
- 1 container (12 oz) Betty Crocker� Whipped strawberry mist frosting
- Assorted Betty Crocker� Decorating Decors candy sprinkles
- Additional miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350�F (325�F for dark or nonstick pans). Place white paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups.
- Make cake mix as directed on box for cupcakes, using water, oil and egg whites and adding almond extract and vanilla. Pour half of batter into small bowl; stir in cocoa and 1/2 cup chocolate chips. Divide chocolate batter evenly among muffin cups. Carefully spoon white batter evenly over chocolate batter.
- Bake as directed on box. Cool 10 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pans to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Frost cupcakes with a layer of chocolate frosting, white frosting and strawberry frosting. Decorate with candy sprinkles and additional chocolate chips.