I found this recipe on Hoosier Homemade. They are moist. They are delicious. They hit the spot..
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg *
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (15oz) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 and 2/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Sift dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt & soda) and set aside. In a large bowl, combine eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin until light and fluffy. Add the dry ingredients, gradually. Mix well.
Spread batter in a greased 15x10x1 baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 � 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool completely.
- 1 8oz. package of cream cheese *
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup softened butter
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 4 cups powdered sugar
Cream together butter and cream cheese until smooth and fluffy. Add powdered sugar, vanilla and milk. Mix on high speed until smooth creamy.
* i added nutmeg to the recipe because i think pumpkin + nutmeg belong together
* the original frosting recipe only calls for 3 oz of cream cheese. i like a good frosting to bar ratio, so i made a large batch of frosting + included it in this recipe