I liked these cookies and will probably make these for my goodie trays this year. The texture reminded me of shortbread with a little tanginess (is that a word?!) from the cream cheese that is added. You could also roll these in any type of coating you want, I chose to go basic with graham cracker crumbs. You could also put some chocolate in the middle..I may go with a rolo candy in the middle the next time. The possibilities are endless on topping/filling combinations.
Soft and Puffy Cheesecake Cookies
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Graham Cracker Crumbs, for coating
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter, cream cheese, and sugar. Mix in vanilla extract. Stir in the flour until well combined.
- Scoop the dough and form into 1" balls. Roll in graham cracker crumbs so cookie is covered.
- Place covered cookie balls onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the edges are golden and the tops are slightly puffed.