I really like my steel cut oats on these very cold mornings and I don’t get to eat my lunch until 11 or as late as 12:30 but these wonderful pictures get to me in the morning–ugh–lol.
Oh keep all the wonderful recipes coming but I do hope you have a day off from the kitchen once in awhile.
Cuban Chicken and Black Bean Quinoa Bowls with Fried Chili Spiced Bananas + Spicy Mangos.
- Prep time: 30 minutes
- Cook time: 30 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour
- Yields: 4
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 1 red chile, seeded
- good pinch of pepper
- 3/4 + 1/4 cup orange juice, divided
- the juice of 4 limes + 1 lime zested
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
Black Beans + Quinoa
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups dry quinoa
- 2 cups cooked black beans, rinsed + drained if using canned
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- salt and pepper, to taste
Bananas + Mangos
- 2 bananas sliced + chili powder if desired
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 red chile, seeded + chopped
- 1/2 of 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Click Here For Direction >>> Cuban Chicken and Black Bean Quinoa Bowls with Fried Bananas.